A coffee maker with a sleek modern design, fashioned after the Italian Moka Pot that is used stove-top for a home brewed Cappuccino. This product is made with 18/10 grade stainless steel and can be used on induction stoves as well as gas hobs. The Moka Pot is known for its ease of use and strong, aromatic brew. Many who use this coffee pot are converts for life.
Material: Stainless Steel
Size: as per variant
Pack Contains: 1 Moka Pot Coffee Maker
How to use a Moka Pot
- Separate the top section (pot) from the bottom (boiler) by unscrewing. Fill the conical boiler with (warm) water up to just below the level of the safety valve.
- Fill the filter basket with coffee grounds of your choice and level off at the top. Do not tamp or compact tightly.
- Place the basket into the boiler chamber above the water, and screw on the top section back into place tightly. Wipe the rim of the filter clean first to ensure it screws on properly.
- Place on the stove on low- medium heat and let it brew. The coffee decoction will rise through the tube and fill the chamber at the top. Close the lid to avoid burns by splashing/ spluttering.
- Remove from the heat when the pot is full. Pour out the brew from the coffee pot directly into a mug.
Using a slightly course espresso coffee powder is preferable. Finely ground roasts are not recommended as this mechanism uses a percolation rather than filtration process.
Caring for your Moka Pot:
- This pot is induction & gas stove friendly
- Avoid cleaning with abrasive materials to avoid scratches.
- Wipe all surfaces dry before storing
- Check the safety valve regularly